Best Blog Traffic Techniques
There’s a great deal of discussion around how to bring qualified and targeted traffic to your website. In fact, so much that after a while one’s eyes tend to glaze over and you wonder what you ‘should or should not’ do. So we thought we’d try to simplify it for you by offering you the best traffic technique for your website. We’ll take the guesswork out of it all so you can get down to business.
You probably already know that word of mouth can be a very powerful tool in business. This applies online as well. The most successful sites have been able to bring millions of targeted visitors to their website, because they had excellent word of mouth offline.
Are you confused? Are you wondering how offline word of mouth can be more important than search traffic, pay per click advertising and backlinks? Well it can and it is! Yet it is often the most overlooked traffic technique you have at your fingertips.
While you may not have complete control over word of mouth, it’s so powerful because it is people talking to people, friends talking amongst themselves – making recommendations to another person. For word of mouth to remain powerful, it must not be influenced. It cannot look like a sales pitch or a form of advertising or people will instantly lose interest.
That’s where your blog comes into play. Creating a blog is quick and easy. Once you have a blog up and running it becomes the perfect tool for word of mouth marketing. You promote your own products or services but it must not look like a sales pitch. You can do this by saying you are blogging to your friends and family.
People find blogs interesting and fun to read. They are very popular right now. So it’s quite easy to get followers. It’s also very easy for you to write interesting content while at the same time weaving the marketing through your products and providing that very valuable word of mouth form of marketing that is such a powerful marketing tool.
You can never know which of your blog visitors will be that person that shares what you have to say with their friends and them with their friends, and so it goes. You simply have to encourage it, and then wait and see how your blog traffic. Don’t forget to also start spreading the word about your blog.
Bring More Traffic to Your Website
Setting up a website can feel like a bottomless pit in the early days, and so the idea of spending money to drive traffic to your website may seem a bit daunting in the early days. First, let me stress that should you set a budget to bring traffic to your site this will be some of the best money you spend, since without traffic, you have no sales, and without sales, your website won’t make money.
However, there’s some good news because there are some free traffic techniques you can take advantage of and bring more traffic to your website.
Passion and determination is what you need – how nice to have more traffic without spending any money. Let’s look at a some of those methods.
One of the most popular and most effective is to create a blog. You can create a lot of interest if your blog is interesting and engaging and you can use that to send traffic to your website Of course, if you want your blog to be successful you have to post regularly. If you are planning to post now and then whenever the urge arises, your blog will fail. People want to read regular posts.
Another good option is to get involved in some relevant forums and online communities. Most of these allow you to create a signature line with a link to your website. Make your signature line catchy so people want to click through. Ask some questions, answer some questions, and get involved in some conversations. In addition to building traffic, this is a great way to become recognized as an expert in your area.
Creating articles and submitting them to the many article banks online is yet another free traffic building tool you have available to you. This one has been around for ages, and while some think it has lost its power, nothing could be further from the truth.
The key is to keep your articles fresh and to not submit the same article to more than one article bank. If you don’t like to write or you don’t have time to write, not to worry there are many freelancers available to take this task over for you; however, that’s a service you’ll have to pay for.
That’s just a few free traffic building techniques that you can take advantage of. There are plenty of others, so why not put them to work for you and watch your traffic build.
Building Traffic to Your Blog
Building traffic to your website is very important. There are all kinds of way to build that traffic but let’s look at 8 of the top techniques for doing so.
1. Avoid the Use of Black Hat SEO Techniques
Black hat SEO techniques are methods that mislead and degrade search engine results relevance. They include the use of things like link farms, keyword stuffing, text hiding, article spinning, and spamming. These techniques will very quickly get your blog banned by Google and the other search engines, which translate to no traffic to your blog.
2. Choose a Domain Name with Relevant Keyword
If at all possible, try to choose a domain name that has at least one keyword in it. Try to keep it short and easy for visitors to remember, but if you can easily include two keywords then do so. If you sell iPads and your domain name contains the word iPad you are going to get an incredible amount of traffic sent your way.
3. Submit Your Blog to Directories
There are tons of great directories out there where you can submit your blog. This can be a highly effective way to increase your site’s trust level and send targeted traffic to your blog. There are blog directories like Yahoo Directory or DMOZ.
4. Write Fresh Product Reviews
Make sure that you write timely product reviews. These can send you tons of traffic to your blog, who are looking for product information prior to buying a specific product. If you are able to interest the product manufacturers or wholesalers, they will share the reviews you have written and that will generate more traffic to your site.
5. Make use of Good SEO Techniques
Take the time to learn and understand all about SEO and how it can benefit your blog traffic and rankings. Learn how to make use of alt tags on images, heading tags, keyword density, and internal link building to name just a few SEO tools that can really increase your traffic.
6. Fresh Original Content
Create fresh original content regularly. This brings people back to your blog because they enjoy reading what you have written. It also gets Google’s attention and that translates to more targeted traffic being driven your way.
7. Use Social Bookmarking
Social bookmarking sites are indexed often and so creating links in these sites will get your exposure quicker and get you higher in the search engine results.
8. Use Press Releases
Spread your news by taking advantage of press releases. There are both paid and unpaid services available. Remember if it’s not newsworthy you won’t get it published. However, a good news story can go viral very quickly so think about how you can make use of this valuable tool to drive traffic to your site.
There you have it – 8 top techniques to help you build targeted traffic for your blog.
Four Key Traffic Streams
Traffic is the blood stream to your website or blog. There are all kinds of traffic techniques that you can employ and just as many traffic generation services that you can use. But what you need to ensure is that you are getting traffic from the four key traffic streams.
1. Search Engines – offers free instant traffic
2. Pay per Click – instantly generates traffic.
3. Joint Venture – offers free borrowed traffic
4. Viral Marketing – offers passive residual traffic
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of the most popular ways to drive traffic to your website. SEO generates free and organic traffic. Done correctly, you will improve your rankings in the search engine and your placement, which in turn will generate more traffic for your website.
Pay Per Click
Pay Per Click instantly generates traffic. You will bid for the placement of your ads and pay each time a visitor clicks a sponsored link that takes them to your website. You need to know what keywords you are going to target to drive traffic to your website. Your site can really benefit from PPC ads to bring traffic to your site. Google controls about 50% of PPC marketing but the other 50% is spread among AOL, MSN, Yahoo, and Ask.
Joint ventures can generate instant traffic. It’s actually one of the quickest, methods of generating free traffic to your website and building your business. You need to determine who has customers that could potentially be yours – finding a joint venture partner can be done via forums, blogs, search engines, etc. When done right you can significantly increase your traffic to your website. A joint venture should be a win-win for both parties.
Viral marketing simply means that you cans spread content virally through the internet. There are a number of ways you can implement viral marketing. Creating a quiz is one way. People love to do quizzes, which was why Sudoku was almost an immediate hit on release. Another idea is to find a viral photo or video. YouTube is a great place to promote your own video. You might also teach something. People love to learn and if you have a website or blog that teaches them something, you can bring targeted traffic. Alternatively, you could be humorous, which is very popular on the internet. Share funny drawings, events, sayings, etc.
These four key traffic streams will ensure you build targeted traffic to your website. Give them a try!
Free Web Traffic Techniques
You have this great blog, but you need to let the world know it exists and how do you get the traffic to your site. Let’s look at the steps to use free web traffic techniques for your blog.
1. Make sure that you install the All in One SEO Pack if you are using WordPress. You will find this in the plugin area.
2. If you are using a different method to build your blog or website, you will need to optimize your blog or website by ensuring that you place your keywords in the header on the home page. In certain instances if you are using Drupal or WordPress, these systems are setup already search engine friendly. It is still best to optimize each of your pages including your website so that search engines are able to crawl all of your internal site pages too.
3. In addition to keywords, you need to add description tags in the header on your homepage.
4. If your blog or website is selling products and your goal is for your visitors to buy then make sure that’s the focus on your site and that you have a strong close.
5. WordPress is impressive which is why it is one of the most popular platforms for blogging. You can add new plugins that can benefit your blog. Don’t be afraid to experiment.
6. Your blog is a great way to generate targeted traffic that’s free. Write a blog post daily if you can but at least weekly. Give your readers the information they desire and they will return. Make sure that your blog is keyword rich.
7. Make sure that you create a Facebook page. This is an effective way to drive traffic to your website or blog.
8. Create a Twitter account too, because this is another great way to drive traffic to your website or blog.
9. Create a Pinterest account, which is the newest social media platform to become extremely popular, and use it to drive traffic to your site.
10. A sitemap is a good idea. After all, Google adores sitemaps. The reason for creating a sitemap is for the search engines. WordPress has a plugin called Google Sitemap, which make it a breeze.
11. Make sure that you have submitted your website to the search engines. Do not do this too often as you could find yourself banned.
Get Traffic to Your Website
There’s a misconception out there, that if you build a good website they will come. That the only thing you need to do to generate traffic is to design a good website. That’s simply not true. Getting traffic to your website requires some work on your part and you cannot expect it to happen overnight.
Think of it like this. If you build yourself a fantastic brick and mortar store but you stick it outside of town and you don’t tell anyone how to get to it, you’ll have a great store with no customers. The same goes for your website, if you build a fabulous site but don’t tell anyone where it is they won’t find you.
You need to advertise, and you need to use traffic building techniques that work. Here are some proven methods you should implement.
1. Make sure your site does not have any broken links. This is both annoying to visitors and to the search engines who will penalize you for these broken links.
2. Submit your website to as many search engines as possible. Some of the most popular include Google, Bing, MSN, Lycos, AltaVista, Alexa, DMOZZ, Ask, and ExactSeek. There are hundreds of others.
3. Make sure that you do your META TAGS correctly.
4. Submit your website to as many directories as possible. There are tons of them so take the time to find them.
5. Take advantage of social bookmarking sites. When you get an entry it means that your site can be ranked and shared, making this a powerful tool.
6. Make sure that you use social networking. Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, etc. are all powerful tools that can help you to build traffic to your site quickly and effectively, and for no cost. You’ll be able to engage your potential market, share promotions, do contests, and use a number of other marketing techniques that will drive traffic to your site.
7. You can also buy traffic for your site through the use of pay per click, pay per view, or pay per month. This type of targeted traffic can be costly but it can also be highly effective when used correctly. It’s a good idea to take a little time to really understand the workings of such types of programs so that you get the best value from your money.
Targeted traffic is key to your site’s success because it is from this targeted traffic that your goal is to make your sales. So make sure you also have a solid close, once that traffic arrives on your site.
Good Traffic Techniques
Traffic – it’s really what makes or breaks a website or blog. If you have good targeted traffic to your website or blog, you’re on the road to success. If you have no traffic or very little traffic, then regardless of how great your products/services, you cannot do well online.
Think of your website like it’s a brick and mortar store. If you build your store in a busy mall or in a strip mall, you have traffic. That traffic comes into your store and you have the opportunity to sell them. However, if you decide to build your store on the outskirts of town just off a highway suddenly you no longer have access to traffic and you are much more likely to fail.
The same applies to your website. You need to make sure it places well in the search engines and that you create a flow of traffic to your website. You also want that traffic to be targeted so that when they arrive you have the opportunity to sell them something.
You do this by using every opportunity to create a link to your website and drive traffic there. You might start by creating a link exchange with a few relevant sites that are in your industry. That way there visitors might see your link and click on it bringing their traffic over to your site.
Backlinks are really good as well. These are one way links into your website, and Google along with other search engines see these as more important than two-way links. There are many ways that you can create a backlink or one way link back to your site.
Take advantage of the many article banks out there. When you create your article make sure it’s of value to the reader. At the bottom you’ll have your bio, which will have a link back to your website.
Social media is another extremely powerful tool. You can create your business page on Facebook and start to engage people in conversation, create offers, share information, and more. Not only do you have Facebook, there are other sites like Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc. Take advantage of any of the relevant social media sites. They are a great way to engage a large number of people and then have them come to your website.
Bringing targeted traffic to your site is key to closing the deal and selling them something. If you sell B widgets and your visitors are looking for D widgets, you’ll not sell them. So make sure that when you are promoting your site you are doing your part to ensure the traffic you generate is targeted. Once they arrive on your site the rest is up to you closing a sale.
Is Your Traffic Working?
You’ve put techniques into place to drive traffic to your website. Good for you! But do you actually know if you are being successful? There are some great tools available to you to help you determine which techniques are working for you and which are not.
The best way to determine if the techniques you are using are working is through the use of analytics. One of the most popular analytics to use is Google Analytics. It’s free, very reliable, and will provide you with a great deal of information about the traffic to your website, and the behavior of your visitors.
If you choose to use Google Analytics in its more advance form you will be able to see the number of daily visitors to your website, the top sources of that traffic, where your traffic is coming from, even which search engine is sending you the traffic.
You will also be able to explore which keywords your visitors are using, and which pages of your website they actually land on. That’s an amazing amount of information for you to see and all for free. It’s a great way to quickly see whether your traffic techniques are working in your benefit, as well as just how well they are working.
If you aren’t targeting the right visitors to your site, you are wasting traffic. It’s of no value to you to have tons of traffic if they are not at all interested in what it is you have to offer. You can use your analytics to determine this by looking at your bounce rate. For example, let’s say your bounce rate is 90%. This means that 90% of the visitors to your site immediately hit the back button and bounce back to another domain.
This means you need to look at things like the keyword that’s causing the wrong visitors to make it to your site. You can also examine whether the traffic is coming to your site from the country’s you are targeting. Look at the visitor segmentation – languages, browsers, network locations, etc.
You should never get bored with your analytics whether Google or another source. They provide key information so that you can quickly know whether your traffic techniques are working for you and to what degree they are working, or if they are failing you and it’s time to make changes. Make use of the tools at your disposal!
Killer Traffic Techniques for Your Website
If you are wanting to drive massive amounts of traffic to your website or blog, there’s some great news – it’s not nearly as difficult as you might have thought. Let’s look at 4 killer traffic techniques for your website that will help you to rank higher in the search engines and bring you all kinds of relevant traffic.
1. Marketing your articles will increase your backlinks – Use article directories is an excellent way to create quality backlinks to your website or blog, which will increase your search engine traffic and your popularity. Because article banks are indexed by the search engines often, it’s a great way to get your site or blog quickly indexed.
2. Optimize your website or blog’s load speed – Google uses the load time of a website/blog in its ranking. The better your site’s performance the higher the authority it is given and the better ranking it receives. You can help to speed up your load time by reducing the size of your images, and using a web host that’s fast and reliable.
3. Take advantage of Google webmaster tools – Google webmaster tools allow you to submit your website’s sitemap to the search engine crawler queue. This helps your website get indexed a lot faster and and in a much more complete manner. These tools also provide you with very good feedback on how your site is performing.
4. Take advantage of trending topics – This is an amazing technique that works well if you can build your website or blog around. For example, events like the latest iPhone launch or a presidential election become trending topics. This leads to millions of people searching for the ‘hot topic’ of the moment. If you can get stories or news out quickly, Google will rank your site high and that will directly bring traffic to your site.
5. Twitter –Twitter is actually becoming a search engine of it’s own. When you use hash tags you can build extra traffic for your website.
6. Update Your Website or Blog Often – Google places priority on fresh new content. On your website or blog, the first couple of days after you add new content you’ll see an increase in your search engine traffic for your keywords. This eventually decreases. This happens because Google picks up content when it is new and sends traffic to your website or blog. If you are constantly posting to your site or blog you will get a real advantage on the amount of traffic Google sends your way.
Maximize your Blog Traffic
If you’ve been stressing about how you are going to drive volumes of traffic to your blog, you can relax, because it’s not actually as difficult as you might think. There are some key factors that will play a role in just how much traffic you can drive to your blog including things like your marketing techniques, SEO techniques, and how good you are at blogging. Every day billions of searches occur and you should be taking full advantage of this highly predictable source of potential visitors.
Let’s look at some killer techniques to maximize your blog traffic.
1. Take the time to optimize the load speed of your blog – Google actually factors load times into the ranking of your site/blog. Those sites that perform better get a higher ranking with Google. You can speed up your load by reducing the image size, caching plugins, and making sure your web host is reliable.
2. Use articles to increase your backlinks. Few bloggers actually consider using article directories but this is an excellent way to gain good backlinks to your blog, increase your search engine traffic, and build your popularity. Article sites are indexed often and so this is an excellent way for you to get your blog indexed quicker.
3. Make sure you have W3C compliant code on your blog. This is very important because if your blog is poorly coded it could stop the search engines from crawling your blog and properly indexing it.
4. Do not use black hat SEO techniques, which actually mislead the blog’s relevance to the search engines because of keyword spamming, the use of link farms, keyword stuffing, articles pinning, and hiding text. These techniques will result in your blog being banned from the search engines, which will lead to you getting no traffic.
5. Take advantage of the Google and Bing webmaster tools pages that let you submit the blog sitemap to the search crawler queue. This helps your blog get indexed much faster. You can also look at just how your blog is performing and take advantage of the stats so you know what’s going on.
6. Make sure that you update your blog frequently. Google likes fresh content and will place higher priority on a blog that is constantly being updated over one that’s updated maybe once a eek. So make sure that you are always posting new and interesting content to keep Google and the other search engines happy too.
When it comes to traffic techniques there are an endless supply of techniques that you’ll likely have recommended to you. But how does one know which traffic techniques are the best to use. Well, if you are new to building traffic to your site, we recommend you start with some of the traffic techniques that remain reliable, month after month, year after year. Later, you can always do a little more exploring. So let’s get started.
1. YouTube – Upload a video that contains valuable content or information, show your face so your audience knows who you are, and you’ll enjoy the benefits of YouTube. This is one of the strongest traffic generators available to you. People want to see your face – they feel more connected, like they are actually interacting with you, and when you do your video keeping your keywords in mind you can really increase the value.
2. Forum Posting – This is yet another fantastic way to build traffic to your website, and it never loses its power. Sign up at some forums that are relevant to your market. Start posting – answer questions, ask questions, engage in some open dialogues. Have a catchy signature line with the link back to your website. Works every time, so get busy reaping the benefits.
3. Facebook – With more than 500 billion active members Facebook remains the largest social networking site. There are all kinds of ways to promote your website using Facebook. What you should not do is promote directly on your friends’ walls, or your followers’ walls. Use Facebook to build trust and engage your followers in a way that’s interesting and then lead back to your site.
4. Articles – The use of articles remains a powerful source to generate traffic. You will need to be creative, and for heaven’s sake don’t just rewrite someone else’s content. Create your own fresh ideas that are interesting and engaging and make sure you understand how to use keywords to maximize your benefits.
There you have four tried and trued methods to generate traffic to your website that continue to work time and time again. These are traffic techniques you can rely on and that makes them an excellent place to start.
As you become more adept at using traffic building tools and understanding how they work, you can expand your tools and grow your traffic even more. Remember, once you get them to your website you need to effectively close the sale and turn that targeted traffic into paying customers.
Superior Traffic Techniques
You have your website and now you need to generate targeted traffic to it so that you can make that sale. So what’s the best way to do that? Glad you asked. You want to start to implement some of the many traffic techniques that are available to you. More importantly, you want to focus only on the superior traffic techniques so that you maximize your return.
The problem is there are many different techniques that can be put into play, and some are of little to no value while others offer superior value. We are going to look at a few of the latter.
If you really want to give your marketing some zing, you’ll want to make use backlinks. These are incoming links to your website or blog. These links not only help to spread the exposure of your website they are seen of importance and so your site will place better in the search engines.
Take advantage of the many tools that are available to you through social media sites like Facebook, YouTube, or Twitter. These are great places to engage your potential customers and then direct them back to your website or blog. These are great tools to build relevant followers and then bring them back to your website where you can convert them to paying customers.
When you are using social media make sure that you are providing value to your followers and not just posting your link or sales. There are many choices online about who to follow and so surfers are looking to gain something from those pages they follow – knowledge, free gifts, contests, engaging dialogue, etc.
Blogs are an excellent tool that you can use to drive traffic back to your website. Right now, blogs are very hot – everyone wants to be reading somebody’s blog. Use your blog to engage your followers, provide information, maybe even have a little fun, and then you can send them back to your website where you can close your sale.
Take advantage of the many article banks that allow you to post articles for free, while linking back to your website in the bio. Of course, you want this to be good content that provide information of value to the reader, otherwise you will be wasting your time. Surfers are looking for knowledge and if you fill that need, they are likely to click through to your website.
There you have just a handful of superior traffic techniques you can use to bring targeted traffic to your website. Why not start today?
Take Advantage of Viral Marketing Traffic
Recently there has been a great deal of dialogue about viral marketing from a number of authority figures like Glen Allsopp. That’s because viral marketing is an excellent tool to ensure you get tons of newly targeted traffic to your website or blog.
What Is Viral Marketing?
Viral marketing is a way to get people to talk about your business and spread your message freely, not because they are being coerced but because they want to. Here’s an example. You create a great post on Facebook. Your followers love what you posted and they begin to share that with their friends, who also love it and share it with their friends, and on it goes….. Before long you have this unimaginable reach that tells the world what you have to offer – you’ve gone viral.
Word of Mouth is Still the Most Powerful Form of Advertising
Over the years, we’ve seen a lot of change in the way we market our products and services. But at the end of the day, word of mouth remains very powerful. We can just accomplish this a little different in today’s world. We do it via social media.
Viral marketing relies a great deal on ‘word of mouth’ to be effective. There’s an unlimited amount of traffic out there that you can tap into with the right message. This is the most effective way to create a ‘buzz’ around your products/services.
Advantages of Viral Marketing
There are all kinds of advantages to using viral marketing. Let’s have a look at a few of those advantages.
#1 It’s cheap – many times it’s completely free. In some cases, you’ll have some initial setup costs, which are inexpensive. It depends on what traffic techniques you are going to use, but once you have things, set up you’ll have no costs to worry about.
#2 It’s Quick and Effective – Viral marketing works almost instantly and it is incredibly effective. You will get tons of traffic to your site and they will promote what they see, and the spread of that information goes viral quickly. You’ll be shocked by the numbers in just a 24 hours period.
#3 Reveals Hidden Customers – You can bring to your website potential customer that you might not have even considered. Targeting the correct visitors to what you offer is the toughest part of any marketing campaign. Viral marketing is powerful in that it continues to spread amongst people and within that spread will be hidden customers you would never have gotten any other way.
Viral marketing is an incredibly powerful tool that you should put to work for you right away. Your website will enjoy the benefits with an increase in targeted traffic that can translate to an increase in sales.
Take Your Traffic to the Next Level
Traffic to your website or blog is essential. In addition, you want that traffic to be relevant to what you have to offer. If you want to take your website or blog traffic to the next level, perhaps even viral, you’ll want to implement these 6 traffic techniques that have been proven to work.
1. Give away something free – people love freebies. Of course, whatever you decide to give away should have value. In other words, don’t give away some useless or trashy item because that’s going to turn people off.
2. Ensure quality – you need to make sure that you are offering quality content, products, and services. This will ensure you build a healthy reputation as a website people want to visit. If people are happy with what you offer, they will tell their friends and family, and it will spread from there.
3. Write an e-book or report – offer free an e-book or report that can be downloaded free. Your e-book or report should provide the reader with relevant information and offer value, while at the same time you should invite them to offer your free gift on their website. People will be happy to promote it, if there is value there.
4. Create a video – one of the quickest ways to go viral is with a good video. Create your video and then post it up on YouTube. Make sure that it’s fresh and will catch the attention of those using YouTube. Don’t repeat what another person’s done already. Get creative. Think about the videos that have previously gone viral and work from there. Be prepared to see a lot of traffic coming to your website.
5. Social Bookmarking – There are tons of great social bookmarking sites like Del.ico.us, Digg, or Stumble Upon. If you get a post of yours onto these sites, people vote and rate it. Something good and your ranking will go up and that will generate more traffic to your site.
6. Run a Contest – People love contests, especially if the prize is good. The prize should be relevant to your business and it should also be something good. This is a great way to get tons of exposure and see your message reach far. Enjoy the tons of traffic that are generated.
These 6 traffic techniques will take your traffic to the next level. So get busy and start implementing them.
Traffic Techniques for Network Marketers
When it comes to network marketing most would agree it’s a numbers game. The more people that you are able to show your opportunity to, the more money you will be able to make. That means you want to put into play some solid traffic techniques so that you can generate a solid stream of traffic to your website. These 5 techniques are a good start.
#1 Build your Personal Network by Joining Networking Sites
These networking sites are set up in a way that makes it easy for people to meet others in their industry. Join relevant networking groups and exchange links so that you are sharing relevant traffic. This is an excellent way to increase your numbers.
#2 Participate in Forums and Newsgroups
There are hundreds of newsgroups and forums online – there’s one for just about every known topic. Most of these permit you to include your signature line that is attached to the message. This is the perfect way for to advertise your website. Visit the various forums and offer your expertise or post questions and your signature line will show. It will be viewed by all others on the forum and you get free targeted traffic. The amount of traffic you get will depend on how often you post and whether your signature line compels them to click the link and visit your website.
#3 Write Articles, E-books, and Reports
Internet users are always on the hunt for knowledge and so offering various content is a great way to generate traffic. Articles can be posted to article sites and your bio will provide a link to your website. E-books and reports can be distributed for free, which is another great way to bring targeted traffic to your websites
#4 Signature Line on Outgoing Email
Make sure that you create a compelling signature line that will appear on all your outgoing email that has a link to your website. This is an excellent way to target traffic with little effort. It automatically appears on every email you send out without you having to do anything. It’s quick and effective.
#5 Run a Contest
People love the idea that they might win something. That’s why contests have a tendency to generate a great deal of traffic. The key to a successful contest and one that generates tons of traffic is to have a decent prize that attracts people from your target audience. If you make the prize too generous like a new tablet, you will have everyone that wants a table entering. But if you make the prize from your own products/services you will create targeted traffic.
Traffic Techniques That Work
If you are trying to build traffic to your website you want traffic techniques that work. So let’s look at some of the tried and true traffic techniques that have brought others great success.
1. You should always have a signature link that you use in forums that points back to your website.
2. If you want to draw attention and get interest have a different opinion than everyone else on a topic. Of course, you need to be able to justify your viewpoint. People will get annoyed with you and then link you to your site telling you so.
3. Write quality articles and submit them to article directories. Make sure that the articles are informative and provide value to the readers, and they are much more likely to click through to your website.
4. Take advantage of press releases. They are an excellent way to drive traffic to your site. There are a number of sites such as PRWeb where you can submit your press release. Make sure it’s newsworthy or it will not get published.
5. Consider adding an RSS subscribe button or link on your website. Be sure to place in a high profile area.
6. Take advantage of the “tell a friend” script. Place it on your site so that visitors can email their friend(s) about content on your site.
7. Purchase reviews about your website that will appear on other websites.
8. Use a traffic trading system such as BlogRush.
9. Take advantage of the hundreds of free directories out there and submit your website.
10. Exchange links with a handful of relevant sites that are in the same niche as you.
11. Create yourself an Amazon profile, then begin to submit reviews.
12. If you sell products find a website that sells similar products then offer to put one or more of their items on your site and you will put one or more of your items on their site. You simply split the commissions on these types of sales, but it’s a great way to bring new traffic to your site.
13. Become recognized as an expert and then get features on one or more of the online magazines, radio stations, or television stations.
14. Write stand out headlines – good titles have a much higher click through rate.
15. Conduct a survey, let people know you are doing so, and then after publish the results.
Bringing fresh traffic to your website using these 15 traffic techniques.
Traffic Techniques To Get Traffic
In today’s world, having a website or blog is as critical to your business as having good signage at your storefront. It’s critical if you want to stay ahead of your competition, grow your customer base, and increase your sales. To do this you need traffic to your website. However, the wrong kind of traffic is as bad as not having a website. Let us show you some traffic techniques that will get the right kind of traffic to your website.
Backlinks are one tool that is extremely effective. That’s because it helps to cross promote your website through numerous other websites. In some ways, having this link appear on another website is also a bit like a vote of confidence in what you are doing, and that gives the visitor a sense of trust.
When you use proper keywords in creating your backlinks, you will create a targeted traffic flow to your website. You should always have these backlinks on relevant websites. For example, if you sell flooring, you want to have your backlink on sites in the home renovation industry not the fashion industry.
Social networking like Facebook or Twitter can also be excellent traffic techniques to bring relevant visitors to your website. Remember these sites have millions of visitors every day and when a link or post is shared, it has the potential to reach millions. That’s great free traffic building for your site or blog. In order for your posts to appear regularly you need to be posting to your site regularly, otherwise you will simply disappear from the news feeds of your followers.
You might also take advantage of the Facebook ad campaigns, which are very affordable and can be used to direct traffic to your website.
Article marketing is another popular tool for building relevant traffic. You need to write an article that’s related to your industry and then post it in one of the many article banks, where you then get a link back to your website. If you don’t write, that’s okay because you can hire a writer online for a reasonable rate. This content should always be fresh and provide the reader with information that they will find valuable.
The key to bringing targeted traffic to your website is to give your traffic building projects the true attention they deserve. By doing so you will be rewarded with new customers and increased sales.
Two Traffic Building Techniques
You’ve created an awesome website and now you are ready to start selling your products or services. So where are your customers? Even the greatest websites designed by the most skilled website creators, need more than an impressive look to bring traffic to them. So let’s look at two traffic building techniques that you should be using and that you can rely on.
Traffic Technique #1 – Blogs, Buttons, and RSS Feeds
You should always have bookmark buttons available to your visitors so that they can add you to their favorite bookmarking sites. You should also make sure that you offer your visitors and RSS feed to subscribe to. There are many options, but a lot of people seem to like Feed Burner. Once your visitors subscribe to your RSS feed when you post a new blog they are notified. This keeps you connected to your traffic and if you use your blog right and post often, they will keep coming back.
Keep your blogs light and entertaining. Post daily if at all possible, or at the very least post on a specific day once a week. If you post randomly, you tend to lose the interest of those who are following your RSS feed. Remember to connect with your traffic by keeping your blog posts personal and engaging.
Traffic Technique #2 – Article Marketing
This is one of the oldest forms of traffic generating that’s available, and yet it remains one of the most effective ways of driving traffic to your website. The more articles you have on the internet the more your site will be seen, and the more credibility you will create – soon you will be seen as an expert.
People will become familiar with your business. There will eventually be brand recognition, and you will build a steady flow of traffic that’s permanent. That’s one of the powers of article marketing. You aren’t building short term traffic. This is long term!
If you don’t have time to write or you hate writing, there are many qualified writers available to work on contract. However, keep in mind if the price sounds too good to be true it probably is. If you are paying $2 or $3 for an article than you can expect the quality to reflect just that. Do your homework and look for a reputable freelancer. When you find that writer that’s perfect for your projects, make sure you hang on to them!
There two traffic techniques are a great place to start – of course, you can always add other traffic building techniques down the road.
There are many viral tactics that can be used to drive traffic to your website. Don’t underestimate the power of a number of small streams. Many mistakenly think that the only good traffic stream is a large stream, whereas a number of small streams can also create a significant river of traffic.
Remember, people aren’t stupid. They know if you are just running a cheap advertising gimic or actually providing something of value. Advertising ploys don’t go viral. So be honest with your potential viewers.
Ways to offer value include:
* Offer something useful
* Offer something new
* Offer something educational
* Offer something entertaining
* Offer something controversial
There are plenty of other ways. These are just some of the most commonly used methods. Just remember – high quality.
For some making it viral happens only once. Still others enjoy repeated viral success. For still others they enjoy viral success but not ‘over the top’ success. While viral traffic generation is an important way to generate traffic to your website, it certainly should not be the only method that you use. True success incorporates a number of different traffic techniques.
Be creative and try different traffic techniques to see which work best for your website. What works for one site may not be what works best for another site. The only thing limiting you is your imagination.
How to Go Viral
1. Offer quality
2. Give something of value away
3. Create a great video clip
4. Create a brandable e-book
5. Blog for Traffic
6. Use Social Bookmark sites
7. Use an RSS Feed
8. Be a content provider
9. Run a contest
10. Brand products
11. Build a community
12. Start an affiliate program
13. Write a press release
The key to generating high traffic volumes is to get your website name and address noticed as much as you can, by as many people as you can, in as many places as you can. Some methods will work better for you than others, so make sure that you experiment and use analytics to see what’s working best and what traffic techniques you should drop.
Getting the traffic to the site is very important. However, once they are there it is very important that you are clear about what it is you want them to do. You need to offer a strong close for the traffic that makes it to your site.
Combine a number of different traffic techniques in addition to your viral tactics.
Word of Mouth Traffic Techniques
There are all kinds of different ways that you can bring traffic to your website. Some of these methods are relatively simple to use, while others are complex and make your head hurt as you try to figure out exactly what it is you need to do. What if we told you the best traffic techniques you will ever use involved word of mouth?
In reality, you probably shouldn’t be too shocked, since word of mouth has always been a powerful tool for brick and mortar businesses. The same applies to online businesses. Don’t be confused by thinking that word of mouth means you need to be standing across from a person vocalizing. Word of mouth comes in many forms of written communication. In fact, the most successful sites have used word of mouth to bring millions of targeted visitors to their site.
So how do you make word of mouth work for you online? It’s really not that complicated at all. Consider all the tools you have available to you where you speak to others online.
That’s just the top five ways to communicate your message and enjoy the benefits of word of mouth. You tell someone something, they share it with their friends, and they share it with their friends, and suddenly your word of mouth exposure has grown exponentially.
Blogs are especially helpful if you post to your blog on a daily basis and engage your followers. YouTube is considered the number one way to share a message. People love to connect with another person so make sure that you include yourself or another human in the video.
Now don’t confuse this method with creating an advertisement and putting it out there over and over in hopes that it will get to enjoy ‘word of mouth.’ This has to be much more subtle. This needs to come across in a manner that engages your followers but isn’t trying to directly sell them anything – that’s for later once they make it to your website.
Therefore, it’s also great if the message starts from a happy customer who has something good to say about your website. It’s also a great way to offer contests or give always that are likely to enjoy word of mouth.
Think outside the box on how you incorporate word of mouth into your traffic generation techniques. Just remember that the quickest way to build the most traffic is using ‘word of mouth’ techniques.